Saturday 30 June 2012

Happy Birthday Mark

Today I woke up feeling really really great. It is my eldest son's birthday. He is 38 - I was thinking about how I felt all those years ago. Very scared. Afraid I'd not be a good mother. Afraid I'd never be able to be the parent I hoped I could be? Then gradually one adapts to this new little being in your life, and realise that you can only do your best!
Over the years, Mark has become a good friend and confidant to me and has given us three beautiful  grandchildren. Isabel and twins, Andrew and Patrick.
Happy birthday, Mark - may you have a really really special day!


1 comment:

Jo said...

Happy Birthday Mark! I remembered yesterday but only got to my desk again today. I hope you had a wonderful day. (BTW, Rose, Little Izzy looks just like Mark did at that age!) Love and blessings. Jo